Spectacular, large fern, which spreads by underground shoots to form several 'Shuttlecocks' of pale green bi-pinnate fronds. Grow in humus-rich, neutral to acidic soil in part or full shade. Tolerates poorly drained soils. Deciduous
- AGM (RHS Award of Garden Merit)
- FOLIAGE COLOUR: Green
- HEIGHT: 1.5 metres (5 feet).
- HARDINESS: Hardy in most parts of UK
- SOIL: Acid, Neutral, Clay, Sandy, Moist to Boggy
- WILDLIFE: Provides shelter for invertebrates and Amphibians if planted close to water.
- USE OR PLANTING STYLE: Ground Cover,
- POSITION: Courtyard/Sheltered, Woodland,
- FEATURES: Winter Interest,