Popular with the Victorians, this form of the Lady Fern has narrow pinnae, arranged criss-cross fashion, each with a terminal crest. Grow in moist, humus-rich, neutral to acidic soil in shade. Ideal for a woodland garden. Deciduous.
- AGM (RHS Award of Garden Merit)
- FOLIAGE COLOUR: Green
- HEIGHT: 1.2 metres (4 feet).
- HARDINESS: Hardy in most parts of UK
- SOIL: Acid, Neutral, Clay, Sandy, Moist to Boggy
- USE OR PLANTING STYLE: Container/Pot,
- POSITION: Courtyard/Sheltered, Woodland,
- FEATURES: Interesting Foliage,