Native evergreen fern with glossy, strap-shaped leaves. One of the few ferns which thrives in alkaline soil. Can be planted into crevices in walls. For fertile, moist, preferably neutral-alkaline soil in part shade. Suitable for chalky soil.
- AGM (RHS Award of Garden Merit)
- FOLIAGE COLOUR: Green
- HEIGHT: 50 cms (1½ feet).
- HARDINESS: Hardy in most parts of UK
- SOIL: Neutral, Alkaline, Chalky, Clay, Moist but Well Drained
- WILDLIFE: Provides shelter for beetles and other ground dwelling insects year round.
- USE OR PLANTING STYLE: Container/Pot, Vertical Gardening, Erosion Control,
- POSITION: Dry Shade, Steep Bank, Exposed, Woodland,
- FEATURES: Native to British Isles, Winter Interest,