This is a really beautiful fern with colourful, pinky-bronze fronds in spring, turning dark green with age. Grow in moist, humus-rich soil in shade. Tolerates poorly drained soils and full sun if soil is moist. Evergreen in mild, sheltered areas. May be deciduous in cold exposed areas. Ideal for a woodland garden.
- AGM (RHS Award of Garden Merit)
- FOLIAGE COLOUR: Green
- HEIGHT: 60 cms (2 feet).
- HARDINESS: Hardy in most parts of UK
- SOIL: Acid, Neutral, Alkaline, Chalky, Clay, Sandy, Moist to Boggy
- WILDLIFE: Provides shelter for invertebrates year round.
- USE OR PLANTING STYLE: Container/Pot,
- POSITION: Courtyard/Sheltered, Exposed, Woodland, Small Conservatory,
- FEATURES: Evergreen, Interesting Foliage, Winter Interest,